Friday, April 10, 2015

Latest Projects and What is Going On

 What you see below is what I have been creating. The top one started it all. A lady in our church wanted a smaller diaper bag for her baby girl and wanted it in purple and pink and girly. This is what I came up with. She loved it, and still uses it. I love the way it turned out, too.  By the end of the day I posted this, I had orders for two more. Those are the ones you see below.



This one is for a former student's baby boy. It turned out so cute! I really like this one. I used six inch squares on this one instead of five inch. It includes Minky Dot which is not a lot of fun to sew with, but love the results. It isn't quite the color she wanted, but it was all I could find locally for Minky. She loves it, too.



 This diaper bag is for a friend from 36 years ago. We attended church together when our DH's were in the Navy. We had our first children on the same day: today: 36 years ago. Yep, our daughter is 36! It doesn't seem like it has been that long ago. She ordered one for someone she knows who is having a girl. She is doing the nursery in lady bugs and pink and chocolate brown colors. I incorporated some fabrics in the bag to go with her theme. It was all pink.



I haven't finished the baby quilt that I was commissioned to make. I have the top finished and began quilting it yesterday. I have the rows and columns blocked in. I want to do a little extra special quilting using my quilting program for my machine on this especially each red corner. I was going to add a picture, but I couldn't get it to load. The weather has been bad this morning, and we have satellite Internet, so you may or may not know what that means. LOL I will most definitely post a picture when it is finished.

We had the grandson and daughter up for a week during the week before Easter. We went to our first Civil War Re-enactment at a memorial close by. It was really interesting to watch. Boy, those cannons were loud! Our grandson who is almost nine enjoyed seeing it and the museum of Indian Arrow Heads, old weapons, etc. there. Mimi and Mama did, too. Papa wasn't feeling too well, so he didn't get to go with us. He is scheduled to have back surgery within the next couple of weeks, so he was in pain. We enjoyed having them visit and miss them terribly. 

I spent one day this week in the doctor's office. DH has been trying for over three weeks to get me to go. My chest was hurting me all the way through my back off and on. I have been coughing, stopped up and overall feeling bad. I got better, but then the chest thing wouldn't go away, and it got bad on Tuesday while I was sewing. My doctor is out of town this week, so we went to the local Urgent Care center. I left there with two injections and three prescriptions. He checked my heart and did a chest x-ray, but the cardiac enzymes would not read on their machine, so the next morning, he sent me to the ER. I stayed there with DH all day long!!! Nothing! She said all my blood work was good, EKG was good, no blood clots, etc. Decided it was bronchial spasms from allergies. I hate the feeling of an elephant sitting on my chest. Don't you? Well, I think this is long enough, but the the fact that I've been sick more than not since Christmas is the main reason I haven't posted often. Not feeling well, leads to not much sewing getting done, leads to not much to talk about. Hope you all had a blessed Easter with family, and be creative today!

God Bless,
Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!