Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Happy New Year! What's Happening?

Happy January! How is everyone doing? I pray you had a blessed Christmas and New Year with family and/or friends. We had an awesome Christmas holiday. The only thing that would make it better is if our DS and DIL would have been with us. We were able to spend Christmas with our grandson and his parents our DD and SIL That makes it all alright when we are with him.

We almost didn't get to go due to some sudden, unexpected health issues with my husband. Thank God, he improved enough that the doctor allowed him to travel. He and I both have been sick off and on for several months, but this situation was definitely something we were not expecting. Thankfully, he continues to improve. I on the other hand either have a sinus infection or allergies flared up that won't go away. LOL I have another tooth, on the opposite side from the one pulled in early June, that will be pulled today by the oral surgeon. My dentist had surgery on his shoulder and hand, so he isn't pulling teeth for awhile. I'm not looking forward to this, but I want it gone where hopefully, I can eat more normally again.

Well, have you been creating lately? What have you been working on? For several months, I was working on Christmas gifts, and being sick off and on, I did not feel up to blogging. I will share with you now what I made. I didn't have a lot to talk about, so I let you all down. :(





                                                               









As you can see this is picture loaded. I made myself the purse at the top. The pattern is Phoebe, and it is a free bag pattern. Just Google "Phoebe" and you should find it easily. I made a microwave bowl for each of our children and one for the grandson. I made wallets for the girls, mug rugs for everyone. Except hubby wanted a coaster sized one. I made him one out of the Navy fabric since he was in the U.S. Navy. Not sure why I didn't get pictures of all of the kitchen towels I embroidered, but I made a set of towels for each family. They were embroidered or had fabric for Alabama or Auburn on them. They all love red, so that is what I went with. I made a messenger bag for my daughter. That is the last photo. I know, it isn't a great one. I will share more in a later post. I also made her a matching wallet. Here are the straps. She loved it! I plan to make myself one for my laptop. Yep, it is that big. I found the pattern for this on Pinterest and it is also a free pattern. The wallet pattern is called Fiona by Clobird Designs. I purchased this on Craftsy. She has a new bag pattern that was released yesterday. It is called Fallon. I really want that one. 

I have discovered some awesome purse patterns. Not free, but very reasonable priced. One thing I like about them is that one can make and sell these bags without worrying about getting in trouble. :D They are called Swoon Patterns. They have a website, or you can get them on Craftsy. I would love to get the subscription for them which is very reasonably priced, but I just don't have the money at this time. I plan to purchase one of the patterns this week, though. 

The lady for whom I was making the disappearing nine patch quilt (you can see it here), passed away the end of October. I had the top and the back finished, but had not gotten it pinned and quilted. It was sudden, and I was just devastated. I told her children that I would finish it and give it to them. I plan to get it pinned soon. I need to take my machine in and have her cleaned and serviced, so I may not get it finished before then. 

Well, I guess this post is long enough for today. I hope to be back on a fairly regular basis soon. I plan to add some of my Bible devotions, continue with the Family Christian reviews, and just share my heart. Please forgive me for being so lax in my posting. May God bless you all!

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!