Friday, July 11, 2014

TWO FINISHES!!! Wahoo!!!



I finally have something I can show you all that I have completed!!! I finally finished a Christmas 2013 gift for our DD and SIL. It is the Carpenter's Star quilt whose designer is Debbie Maddy. It was an easy quilt to make, but not an easy quilting job for me on my domestic machine. But, I will be so happy to give it to her when she comes up for a visit in a few weeks. Better late than never, huh?

Below you will see the Sunbonnet Sue top that I did on my embroidery machine for a new great-niece due in August. I believe I actually liked the way it looked better before I quilted it. I just have not perfected my quilting, yet even after four years of making them. Maybe one day I will be much improved in my eyes. Next you see the finished top. I did echo quilting around the Sue's and then put butterflies on the top and bottom border. I now wish I had used a thicker batting, but it is all done, so oh well. I sure hope they like it. 

I also made a taggie blanket and burp cloth for a former student of mine and her new baby boy. She loved it and said he did, too. LOL I hope so. I have a few more burp cloths to make for the great-niece and started my daughter's rag quilt purse after finishing the baby quilt. It will be in another post when it is completed. I still have to pin and quilt the Day and Night quilt for our DS and DIL, and the pinning may happen today. Who knows. If not today, tomorrow?? I REALLY need to get it done.





I pray all is well with each of you. I hope to get better with keeping up my blog soon. Please be patient with me. Hugs to you all!
Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!