Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Sewing Machine Update and Thanksgiving

Hello everyone!! I know, I am behind on my blogging, but it has been busy, busy, busy around here. I guess I need to catch up. LOL

First of all, last week was awesome! Our daughter, SIL, and DGS came for a visit. They arrived Tuesday and left Saturday. We had such an enjoyable time. Even though our daughter has been having back issues for several weeks, she made the trip without any major issues. She kept ice on her back a few times a day trying to keep inflammation down. We had fun playing with Jackson. He has grown so much just since August. He and I spent the day Friday outside roaming around, playing with the dogs, and then spent time looking through my totes of Christmas decorations. They took our 7.5' tree home with them and I sent them some ornaments and table runners home, too. Cleaning out some of my "stash" of Christmas stuff was needed and is still needed. LOL We also had twelve people in attendance on Thanksgiving for dinner. They were all family and we had a great time even though I was exhausted from being on my feet all day cooking.Great food, great company, fun times. Our son and his wife came and one of my husband's brothers and his family came, too. Our Marine nephew and his beautiful wife were here, too. It was so good to get my hug. He has been deployed for eight months, so it was awesome to see him.

 I found out that I can not eat wheat or corn based products for sure last week. My tummy is still not happy with me. I have been grain free since August, so my system was not accustomed to being overwhelmed with dressing, potatoes, etc. I learned my lesson. :D Back on Wheat Belly way of eating for me!

Now to the sewing machine dilemma I have been going through. As I blogged earlier, my Janome Horizon Memory Craft 7700 QCP started having stitching issues in October. I took it into the dealer where their repairman could clean it, service it, and fix it. Well, the mother board went out, etc. etc. You can read about it here. Well, long story short, I now have a new  Janome 7700 New Home edition of my sewing machine. After I had blogged and posted on Facebook about my issues, I was told to contact the Director of Marketing and Education and was given her email address. I did this and she responded that after reading my blog and my FB posts/comments that it was best to send me a new Horizon 7700. Well, when I received it last Wednesday, I did not open it since we had company and Thanksgiving, and so on. I opened it on Saturday and when it was not red, I emailed her back. That is the one thing I loved about my Horizon was the red panel on it. Red is my favorite color. When the Director got back to me, she explained that the machine was the updated version of my machine and it was named New Home after their company's initial name. She told me I could keep the extension table that came with my Horizon and I'm keeping the cover that came with it, too. So, I am a happy, happy, happy person right now. I got it set up yesterday, but have not even threaded it, yet. I will do that today. We returned the loaner machine today. We had gone to the dealer three times to pick up my machine and it wasn't ready, so one of the owners met us at Sam's where we had to run an errand to today and picked up the machine and its parts, plus the feet, cord, foot pedal, etc. for my Horizon. She did not know about me getting the new machine. She was excited about it. If any of my followers live close enough to go to Smocking Bird in Homewood, Alabama, please tell them I sent you. They sell beautiful fabric for children's clothes, teach smocking, heirloom stitching, etc. They also have thread, and sell Janome sewing machines and embroidery machines. They have been a great help in this dilemma and did all they could do to get my Horizon repaired. Actually, they shipped it to the company the Friday before Thanksgiving.

So, I am happy with Janome and the service I have been given. They turned a bad situation into an awesome one. I appreciate all their help and the Director of Marketing and Education's assistance in obtaining a new machine for me. Thank you all!!

Now, I need to get busy sewing and quilting to get these quilts for Christmas gifts finished and to the new owners. Say a prayer for me that I can get them done and they will look good.

Thank you all,
Teresa


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!