Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Sewing Machine; Crochet; Etc., Etc.

Good morning! I want to let you know what has been going on with me lately. I have not been quilting, that is for sure. :( I can not believe it is November already!! Can you believe how close Christmas is? I am getting really nervous. I have three quilts I need to have done for Christmas gifts, but really need at least two of them done by Thanksgiving. Our daughter and her family is supposed to come here for Christmas this year, but due to her DH's job off days, it isn't going to be. So, they are planning to come for Thanksgiving. Since we won't be seeing them at Christmas, I need to get their gifts done by Thanksgiving. The DGS will be receiving an Avengers quilt for his bed. All the quilts I've made him so far are throws or lap quilts, so I want him one for his bed. I have the top ready for the DD's and SIL's quilt, just have to prepare the backing and get it quilted. Still cutting out DS and DIL's quilt top getting it ready to sew when my machine returns home. Yep, my sewing machine has been in the shop since the middle of October. I am missing her sew bad!!! It started skipping stitches all of a sudden. Well, since I had not had her in for a good cleaning and servicing, I knew I needed to take her in since everything I did, did not work to fix the skipping stitches. Well, he cleaned her, and was checking to see why the stitches were skipping, and the mother board went out. UGH!!!! It took over a week to get the part in, then there was a part missing. So, last Tuesday that part was ordered. I pray that it is in or comes in by today where he can fix it tomorrow. Keep your fingers crossed. :D

Since my machine has been gone, I've been doing some cutting on the Day and Night quilt I'm making for DS and DIL. Man, that is a lot of cutting. I sure hope that it sews together faster than the cutting has taken me. But, I've also been learning how to crochet the Sashay ruffled scarves.



Definitely not perfect, but I like them. I plan to make more. These pics do not do them justice, though. What do you think? I also plan to get back to cross-stitching. I haven't cross-stitched in years, but I want to try it again. 

Well, I hope and pray you are all doing well. I apologize for not keeping up with my blog. Please forgive me. I am still losing weight, so I will post some updated pics on another day. 

Hugs,
Teresa

3 comments:

  1. I am glad to see you are using your "machineless" time wisely. ;-)
    I have been making scarves on my loom and am really enjoying it. I did one of the ruffle crochet scarves a while back. It is fun but you do have to pay attention.
    Here is hoping that your machine is fixed today. If not call me, I have an idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love that sashay yarn! I have made a ton of these and they are so quick and easy. Hopefully your machine will be fixed in no time and you will be up and quilting again soon. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should ask them for a loaner machine Teresa. That would be the decent thing for them to do and I feel they would do it.
    You must get you a backup machine, a used, or an el cheapo. That is what I did and it doesn't hurt so bad when it is gone. Hope you get it soon and it works properly for you. Hugs,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!