Monday, August 26, 2013

Happy Monday!

Good Monday morning to all! Hope everyone had an awesome weekend and is ready for a new week of sewing, quilting, crafting, etc. I know I did and am. Other than having a headache, I did some sewing on the purse I posted about in the last blog post.  It is huge!!!! I also stuck to my new way of eating ridding myself of wheat and other grains and as much sugary substances I can which hasn't been hard to do. 

I hope to finish the bag I posted the other day today where I can get it shipped to the new owner. I got all but the second corner of the lining done yesterday and added pockets to both sides of it. All I have to do now is make the button loop for the closure, finish the corner of the lining, and sewing the lining to the bag. Then add a button. I sure hope the owner loves it as much as she thinks she will. It is really turning out very large, so I'm thinking of revamping the pattern and making a smaller version of it and see how it turns out. Then I have another purse like the others I've made to get cut out and hopefully started on today. I hate taking time out of sewing to fix and eat meals. Do you? I usually find that I don't go back to sewing when I do that. I really need to spend more time sewing than I do.

New way of eating: Wheat Belly by Dr. William Davis

I started the Wheat Belly way of eating on Wednesday. I weighed that day and weighed this morning before my shower and I've lost a few pounds already. I am feeling better, too. The first pounds I've lost may be a mute point, but it gives me more incentive than ever to keep it up. I seriously believe that the nutritionists who are teaching that that whole grains are good for us are misled. I believed that for years. It took me a little while to get accustomed to eating whole wheat bread, because I love white bread and that is all I ate all my life. I have also looked for whole wheat or whole grains in other foods and not a lot of carbs or sugar. But, you know what? I was sadly mistaken. When hubby became a diabetic four years ago, I had an extremely hard time following his diet, eating what he ate and not cheating. When he found out his triglycerides were very high in the 1980s, he lost a lot of weight, but I could not eat just like he did. I did not do what a wife should do for her hubby. Thankfully, his numbers have gone down tremendously, and he keeps his diabetes in check. He is OCD about that. LOL But, after seeing my daughter looking so awesome the first of the month after she has gone off wheat (Paleo), that was the trigger, I believe. I grew up very skinny. I weighed 110 pounds when we married at age 19. I had never had to watch my weight until I got pregnant. I have been overweight since. I have lost weight and gained weight and lost weight, but the smallest I've been since 1979 is 140. My plans are to go below that. I am only 5'2" tall, so I need to lose a lot of weight. My main goal is to get healthier. I take a lot of prescription medications every day. Many, if not all, I want to get off of. I may not get off my thyroid medicine, and I understand that, but I want to get off the arthritis medicines, the fibromyalgia medicines and the statin I take. I DO NOT want to be diabetic either. So, after discovering Wheat Belly, and reading Dr. Davis's blog and reading and seeing pictures on Facebook of those who have lost lots of weight and turned around their health issues, I was determined to give it a go. I want to be healthy and stopped hurting and be able to walk without hurting again. I want to feel better when I get up in the morning. I want to be able to buy clothes without buying from the plus size department. I haven't been able to do that in years!!!

So, I've made it five days so far with only eating one thing one time that I shouldn't have. That is it. I'm also off my diet drinks. That is also a biggie for me. I love my carbonated drinks. I know the aspartame is not good for me, so I have given them up. I believe God was helping me along that track, because the drinks had gotten to where they didn't taste good anymore. Which is a good thing. :D I've been off them for two weeks this coming Wednesday. Aug. 14th was the last day I drank one. I am giving God the glory for helping me along this journey. 

Bama Belles, my quilting group meets tomorrow. I haven't been able to go the past two times, so I am really looking forward to seeing the "girls." LOL The ladies there are awesome and such good quilters. I learn so much from them. They have taught me so much during my short time of quilting. 

I wish you all a blessed day. I will post a picture of the finished purse tomorrow. Be creative, be a blessing to someone today.

Teresa

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the diet...I am researching the same diet right now trying to decide if I want to use this particular one to lose the weight that I need to lose...hope you are having a great day...any pictures of the bag you made?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!