Saturday, March 9, 2013

Crazy Quilt Pillow Tops




This is what I've been working on lately. I have also been making yoyos, but I will wait to show these to you when the project is complete. I have never made crazy quilts like this before and the client for whom I made the quilt, asked me to make these for her. To be honest with you, I like the Pillow Top #2 better. It went together easier and just over all looks better to me. I pray that both will look good when I get them finished. I plan to work on the embellishing of them some today. The client wants more lace,which I have. I sure hope she is happy with them when I'm done. I think once I use some of the variegated thread I purchased at Joann's the other day on them, add the lace motifs I have and the buttons and pearls, etc. they will be pretty. I am also going to try my skills at silk ribbon embroidery on them, too. I included some of the fabrics from her quilt in with some satin, velvet, brocade, etc. fabric pieces that I purchased from Etsy. I have decided I like that store. :D


Pillow Top #2


Pillow Top #1

I will post more photos of them as they continue to be embellished. I hope to finish with these soon. I don't have a lot left to do on the yoyo bed runner, so hope to finish it soon, too. 

Don't forget about the Nancy Drew Blog Hop that is going on and you can find the complete schedule at Sew We Quilt, or Just Let Me Quilt. Have a great weekend!

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!