Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday Progress

Hello my friends! I pray you are having a good day so far. As I told you in my last post, I have been sick. I am sick under the weather, but am feeling better. I'm still coughing a good bit, and my head is still buzzing, but I feel better. This bronchitis and the flu my DH has been dealing with has kicked us in the knees big time. It has been about three years since either of us have been sick with a cold/flu/bronchitis, etc. I have not missed being sick at all. On top of us being sick, one of our pups has been dealing with a sore foot. He has been lethargic and has had us worried. We were able to get him some antibiotics from the vet yesterday, so prayerfully he will show improvement soon, too. 

Sewing/Quilting News

I was able to go to Bama Belles, my quilt group's meeting on Tuesday. I didn't do a lot, but did meet with my buddy Bev to show her the items I have purchased to make my first crazy quilt pillows for the client that I'm making the crazy quilt for. I also took parts of the crazy quilt with me, a row that is completed, and one that was sewn together, but not completely sashed, to show to my quilting buddies. They said it was looking great, so of course, that boosted my confidence. :D Thanks ladies, I really needed the boost. I was able to demonstrate to them how I'm doing the quilt-as-you-go method taught in the book, Crazy Shortcut Quilts by Marguerita McManus and her daughter. That is where the pattern and instructions for the quilt came from, too. The ladies were interested in seeing how I was accomplishing this. I still did not feel well, but had to go to Hobby Lobby to purchase pillow forms for the two pillows where I would then have all items I need for making the pillows. The pillows will be different in several ways from the quilt. One, they will have some different and fancier fabrics in them, plus, I will be doing embellishments such as flowers, buttons, trims, lace, etc. on them. I have never done anything like this, but I'm excited to do so. I just pray I can do justice to the process and make beautiful pillows. 

part of one row of the crazy quilt. Sashing sewn together, but not completed.

Close up of front seam not completely closed.

Back of the seam.

I also will be working today on cutting out my Stitches From the Heart swap project. I have been getting scraps together to make what I'm making for a fellow Stitches member. I have to get it done! I will go in there shortly and start cutting the pieces to make sure I have enough. The lady loves red and white, and so do I, but I am going the more country look with a variety of reds and some muslin instead. Keep your fingers crossed.

I have several projects in my mind that I'm wanting to do, but my health has to improve for me to get much done. Keep praying that it will.

I will share pictures of more completed parts of the quilt as I get it done, and of course, the final completion. I want to hear about your creative successes and what you are working on at this time and your plans. Have a blessed day.

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!