Sunday, September 16, 2012

Happy Sunday!

Followers, I am so sorry that I haven't blogged this week. Last Sunday, I woke up with a terrible headache that has not gone away as of today. One week with a headache like I've never had before. On Wednesday, I had another nerve block in my C6-7 area. Praying this works and prevents me from having surgery. So, I really have not had a lot to say this week.

Projects in Progress:

I am still working on making hexagons. Not sure, yet, what I am going to do with them, I am enjoying making them. I have some from Christmas fabric, some floral, some solids, etc. Love making these. It is so relaxing!

I started cutting out my breast cancer awareness blocks for a rag quilt I am making for my daughter. She is walking in a Making Strides for Cancer walk on November 3rd. I am making it to donate where maybe she can raise more money, or if needed/wanted, she can give it to her MIL who is a breast cancer survivor. A new facebook friend donated two aprons made from pink ribbon fabric for her to raffle off. She also sent me the rest of the fabric. I was so excited. Last night I actually felt like cutting some blocks out of one of the fabrics. I sure hope it looks good enough that someone will want it.

I am still working on the quilting of a baby quilt and a donation quilt. The baby quilt is for a friend of my son's. Hopefully I will get it done before the baby grows up. LOL I am quilting an already made donation quilt from my quilting group called Bama Belles. It won't take me too long once I get these pressing projects out of the way. I also have to decide which fabric I am going to use in the sew in we are having October 23, 2012. I need 6.5" squares, a background fabric, and a dark fabric for a shadow. I may use the black we have has a challenge fabric for the shadow part. Still mulling this over in my brain. A friend of mine, Gene Black, has a project going that he is requesting angels for. He donates quilts that are at least 45" x 60" and possibly bigger to a home in Guntersville, AL. These are teenagers that for some reason are not able to live at home. He was able to give them 16 quilts last year, and they were so appreciative. He is asking for volunteers again this year. I am going to do my best to make a gender neutral quilt to donate. If any one wants to help out and donate a quilt, please contact me or Gene Black at geneblack@gmail.com. I will post a link to his blog post about this project.

http://blog.geneblack.com/2012/09/calling-all-angels.html

Please, if you will, check this out and let one of us know if you would like to help out.

Finishes:

I finished my niece's cape she wants to wear in the upcoming convention of costume play (AWA). I sure hope it is what she wants. Thankful to have this project finished.

That is all I can think of that I have finished at the moment. I am going into my sewing room and cut out more blocks and cut out the flannel I have to see if I have enough for the backing on this quilt. Keep your fingers crossed.

Have a blessed Sunday. Be a witness for Him; be a blessing to someone that you meet today. Love you all.

God Bless,
Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!