Friday, July 20, 2012

Friday Finish

Here it is! I have a quilt finished except washing it. What do you think? It is no where near perfect. I tried some of the stitches on my sewing machine for the border quilting. Not as pretty as I wanted, but it will have to do. Also, my stitch in the ditch quilting is not as good as it will be in the future. Still learning to guide the sewing. I've never been a great sewer, but I am learning and practicing.

The group I am a member of called Bama Belles makes quilts for Wrap Them in Love. We donated 43+/- quilts to the Presbyterian Children's Home in Talladega last December. I am so proud of them! I had just joined in August, and was busy working on the Desert Mirage quilt here, so I was not able to get one done to donate. :( But that will be different this year. I may not get as many done as some of the others do, but I am going to do my best. I have my first one above. I also have a rag quilt made for a girl. I have two more rows to clip then take it to wash at the laundry mat. I don't wash them in my own machine. I definitely don't want to mess my washer and dryer up.

Maybe next week I will have even more finishes! Hope so. Take care of yourselves, and have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!