Saturday, June 2, 2012

First Weekend of June

I am having a wonderful weekend! Below you will see two pictures. The first one is of the wallets I think I showed in an earlier post. I finished putting the yo-yos on these wallets for my daughter to take to Florida with her to sell them for me. That is I hope someone will want to buy them. I think they turned out cute. I have gotten addicted to making yo-yos. I had never made them before I purchased my first yo yo maker in May. A fellow quilter friend of mine, Bev has many yo yo makers and showed us how to make them using the yo-yo disk by Clover. I didn't think too much of it at the time, but, after seeing how she embellishes her quilts with them, I got excited about learning to make them and putting them on wallets, purses, quilts, hair bows (maybe), etc. I can't wait to learn more uses for yo-yos.  



This is our awesome grandson, Jackson. We call him Boo Bear most times. He is spending last night and tonight us. We don't get to see him often because he lives in Florida. He just turned six years old in May. He is smart, sweet, and very compassionate. We are very proud of him. His mama home schools him, and he does very well. Loving our time together. He really likes the goats in our pasture and enjoys petting the ones that will allow him to. LOL


I met with the quilter this week and picked up the only bed sized quilt I've made. It was a project for husband and me to put on our bed. It is posted on my blog in the tab of quilts I've made. When I get the binding put on it, I will post a picture of it quilted. It is so pretty!

I haven't done a lot of anything else this week. I am sorry that I haven't posted much lately. I am working on pro bono quilt using Toy Story scraps and various colors. Researching quilt patterns I want to make. I have so much going on in my mind, that sometimes I can not sleep! I want to make hexagons and put them into a quilt,  a log cabin quilt, nine patch quilt, etc., etc. I just wish I felt like getting all of this done. My first project once Jackson is heading back home is to sew the binding onto our Desert Mirage quilt designed by Liz Porter. I have already been told by my Bama Belle friends to bring it to our next meeting. I hope I can get the binding at least most of the way done.

I have so much to do this next week! Work on the binding, get ready to have a yard sale next Friday and Saturday with my sister, Sunday is  the homecoming/decoration day where my parents are buried. What family comes usually brings food to have lunch while visiting with each other. We put flowers on the graves and catch up with what everyone is doing, and so on. I know. My DH thinks it is weird to have a "family reunion" at a cemetery, but that is what my family has done since my granddaddy passed away in 1956. In other words, since before I was born. LOL There are only three of the children, my dad's siblings, left. None of them are in good health, so we cherish the time we get to spend with them. I just wish all of my cousins would come. We played together and our families got together a lot when we were growing up. Now, we don't know some of their children, and our children don't know their children. Most of us have grandchildren who don't know each other at all. It is so sad. Oh well, I guess life gets in the way. I want to encourage each of your to cherish each member of your family. Spend time together. Don't let life get in the way. Don't let grudges get in the way either. There will be a time that you will wish you had taken that first step to make amends, or to go see that family member. When they or you are gone, then it is too late.

I guess, I have said enough. I pray you are all well, and God has been good to you. May God Bless you and your family. Hold to His hand, and He will carry your through.

Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!