Monday, May 14, 2012

Good morning!
I pray you had a blessed Mother's Day with your family. We had a great day of relaxing at my daughter's house and spending time with the awesome grandson. Her father-in-law came over and spend the evening with us and we ate grilled deer meat, fried okra and fresh veggies. Thank you, Bob for the great grilling you do!  I missed getting to spend it with my son and daughter-in-law who are in Alabama. I did get to talk to Joe when he called to wish me Happy Mother's Day. I love all of my children so much. God richly blessed Joe and me with the two we have and their spouses who are our children as well. 


Now, for the quilting side of things. Since I am out-of-town, I can not work on anything quilty. I have purchased a large yo-yo maker that I will be trying while on the way back home. I am going to Joann's this morning, and if possible, make a trip to Tuesday Morning. I have seen on a couple other blogs where they bought some great looking fabric there. If not, that will wait until I get back home. I am looking forward to going to Joann's. I want to make me a quilt to go on the guest bed, but I can't decide exactly which pattern I want to make. There are so many out there to choose from! I love bright colors and flowers and love the batiks! I don't have any of those, but I plan to change that today. I am also going to look for some Christmas fabric. I have a Christmas quilt project on the brain, also. So many things running around in my head, it gets confusing sometimes. 


The first UFOs I have to complete when I get started back is finishing the binding on my son and daughter-in-laws quilt (You can see the flimsy in my page on top of quilts I've made); then finish clipping and washing/drying a donation rag quilt for my Bama Belles quilting group. Next, I plan to schedule to go to my sister's house with my machine and lots of scraps to sew on donation quilts for Bama Belles, too. She has attended and got started at the sew-in we had on a donation quilt, so we plan to work together. She is just getting into quilting, so she has asked for my help. I am so excited that she has joined me in the quilting journey. After/During these projects, I will continue to work on my Christmas quilt planning and the newer quilt planning. 


I hope I didn't bore you with this post. Have a gloriously blessed day.


Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!