Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Discoveries, Finds and Purchases

Good morning! I hope you had a restful night. I sure did. Even though I read for quite a while on a Karen Kingsbury book I've already read, I slept like a log when I did go to sleep. I wish you a blessed day today. I thank God for allowing me to wake up to see another day. 


While visiting my DD, SIL, and DGS, for the grandson's birthday, I discovered the joys of shopping at Tuesday Morning. Two of my fellow blogger friends had previously displayed their purchases from TM, I knew I had to go. I did; I fell in love! The first two pictures are of my purchases. I bought 18 fat quarters for less than $15. These are not flimsy fabrics. I know that I could buy the ones in the bottom at Wal-Mart for $10.97. I paid $3.99 at TM. What a deal! I love the colors of all of them. Just have to decide what projects I want to make with them.

What do you think? Any project idea for these fabrics you can think of?
Beautiful colors!

Beautiful oranges, greens, and teals

My mind is reeling with possible projects in which these can be used! 

I am open to all suggestions, though. I also went to a quilt shop last Friday and purchased a yo-yo maker. I had never made one before. I am so excited! This maker allows anyone to make yo-yos fast and easy! Here is a picture of my first one.
 

I can picture many ways to use this! 

I ventured into Joann's while there, too. This is fabric I purchased there. Red is my most favorite color and always has been. Purple runs a close second. I fell in love with these fabrics when my eyes first saw them. I had to have these to make me a quilt. The trouble I will have is what pattern to choose. Gorgeous, huh?



One has butterflies and the other has dragon flies. As someone with fibromyalgia, I recently learned that purple is the color for fibro. Just like pink is for breast cancer and teal is for ovarian cancer, purple is for fibromyalgia. My grandson picked out the purple batik you see in the lower right. I will definitely find something to do with that! Maybe make a yo-yo flower to put on my quilt? 

My plans for this week are to cut the lawn, then get my sewing/quilting room straightened out where I can sew! I will be finishing the binding on my DS and DIL's quilt where I can wash, dry and give it to them; finish clipping a donation rag quilt; make plans for my Christmas quilt and my purple quilt; then work on one of them. I am also going to schedule a sew-in day with my sister where we can work together on another donation quilt. I am excited about that! 

I think I have rambled on enough for now. Sew, have a fantastic day and make the best of it! Create something!

Jeremiah 29:11


1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by. I love your comments! So, please chat with me when you visit!